In this post, you’ll find out about why you need to take a “phone vacation” next week.. and maybe longer!
I took a 10 day vacation from my phone, and here’s 6 reasons why you should too:
- You need to hit the reset button. Sometimes, when I can tell that I’m feeling “some type of way”, I can quickly fix that by getting off social media and fighting against the fans expectations I put on myself. It’s like a detox, you feel your body (or mind) feeling some type of way so you have to take some time away from the things that you know have the potential to be harmful.
- You’ve forgotten what’s important to you. When your priorities start to get out of order, it’s good to go back to the basics and find them all over again.
- You’re trying too hard to be like everyone else. When I’m on my phone a lot, I start to compare myself to others. I see people on Instagram and even through text who have things and who are living life that I am not. If you take a break from what is feeding your comparison, you’ll see your joy start to come back. When you focus on who you are and who you are made to be, you’ll see your joy start to come back.
- You’re saying yes to everyone who asks you something. It’s great to say yes, but saying yes to everything is unhealthy. You don’t need to volunteer for everything, and you don’t need to do everything.
- You feel pressured to post every minute of your life instead of just living it. If you find yourself in “a moment” and the first thing you think of is “I should post this”, you KNOW that “the moment” is broken. Stop missing things because you’re too worried about making sure everyone else missing what you’re experiencing.
- You can’t find enough time to get everything done. If your to-do list is longer than the hours in the day, you gotta take a break. You need to take the pressure off of yourself and take a vacation from the expectations you are putting on yourself.
Thanks for reading! Hit me up on Insta, Twitter, or Pinterest with your thoughts about gap years. If you want to know more of my story, check out my about me page to see what my life is like as a millennial missionary! You can donate or sign up to support me on my donate page. To know when I have a new post out, enter your email at the bottom of this page. You’ll be entered to win some awesome swag from whatever country I’m currently in!